Shimano Ocea Jigger Saltwater Conventional Jigging Fishing Reels, Right Hand, 8+1,
Making use of the industries' most advanced manufacturing practices, the Shimano Ocea Jigger Star Drag Conventional Reels were built for the jigging enthusiast looking for the ultimate in unbridled performance. The Ocea Jigger offers unprecedented cranking power thanks to a multitude of features. Equipped with Shimano's cutting edge Infinity Drive technology, a new main shaft supporting structure is utilized to reduce friction with the pinion gear, resulting in greatly improved rotational torque. Rotational torque is also enhanced by an adjustable long crank handle to provide the angler with superior leverage over heavy loads. With two different adjustable handle positions, anglers can choose from positions that enhance either speed or power to better suit their jigging application. A buttery smooth retrieve is ensured with MicroModule gear. The X-Protect feature enhances durability and preserves that out-of-the-box effortless rotation by utilizing a labyrinth construction that channels water away from key internal components, combined with a water repellant coating. Housing the Ocea Jigger's internal components is a compact aluminum frame that is both lightweight and easily palmable, putting unparalleled fish fighting power in a package that is comfortable to use and will reduce angler fatigue during long jigging sessions. S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano's A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing's rotation. E.I. - Shimano's proprietary treatment on the spool and body that allows for advanced corrosion resistance that's more than twice as effective as the conventional surface treatment.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it's stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler's actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- Infinity Drive - Through the use of new main shaft supporting structure to eliminate friction within the pinion gear, reels with Infinity Drive achieve increased winding torque, along with an incredibly smooth and light rotation under heavy loads.
- Exciting Drag Sound - Produces an audible drag sound to provide the angler with better feedback when a fish makes a run.
- X-Protect - By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.