Shimano Saragosa SW A Saltwater Spinning Reel
A true glutton for punishment, the legacy of the versatile Saragosa SW starts a new chapter in 2020 with enhanced capabilities and features to dominate the saltwater realm. The Saragosa SW now features Infinity Drive Technology and increases the reel’s winding torque under load by up to 30% compared to its predecessor to give anglers a distinct advantage over hard fighting game fish. Combined with a battle-tested rigid HAGANE Body that won’t flex under immense loads and the HAGANE Gear to create eternally smooth reeling, the capabilities of the Saragosa SW make it a thoroughbred workhorse among saltwater spinning reels. The Saragosa SW also features an IPX8-rated waterproof Cross Carbon drag and X-Protect for high-level water resistance to create long-lasting durability without sacrificing performance. No matter whether anglers are fishing inshore or offshore, jigging for bottom fish or casting baits at tailing fish, they can count on — just like they always have — the Saragosa SW to stay smooth no matter the conditions and perform when needed most. The bar is raised for saltwater spinning reels.
- Infinity Drive: The new main shaft supporting structure improves winding torque by 30% while allowing incredibly smooth and light rotation. This essentially means having the benefit of a quick line retrieve HG ratio reel but with the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG.
- X-Protect: By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- IPX8 Water Resistance to create long-lasting durability without sacrificing performance
- Hagane Gear: With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology
- Cross Carbon Drag: This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.