Shimano Torium SW Saltwater stardrag mulitplier reel - left and right handed
The lightweight Torium is a solidly-built star-drag saltwater reel perfect for live bait or bottom-fishing applications. Packed with features like Super Stopper, Cross Carbon Drag, A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) and High Efficiency Gearing (HEG), the Torium has it where it counts. The new Shimano Torium HGAL now also as left handed version, is a powerful compact saltwater conventional reel that is packed with features and the durability demanded by saltwater anglers. This reel is a standout performing saltwater fishing reel for a variety of species from inshore striped bass and bottom fishing to deep water wrecks to bluewater live bait fishing and jigging. It offers excellent castability! The Shimano Torium HGAL Series features a "cross carbon drag" offering more max drag (24-lbs, 2-lbs more than the old dartanium drags) and better long term performance with super smooth and consistent high drag pressures. The New Torium HGAL has the same high speed 6.2:1 HEG (high efficiency gearing) for fast yet powerful cranking with amazing leverage. It also has the same rock solid Super Stopper anti-reverse utilizes a one-way clutch roller bearing that eliminates back play and provided the angler with instant hook setting power. Even though the Torium HGA has a stylish new handle with an ergonomic grip, Shimano also kept the angler favorite multi-position handle feature.
- A lightweight; solidly-built; star-drag saltwater reel that is perfect for live bait or bottom fishing applications and is packed with awesome features
- Equipped with a high efficiency gearing system that delivers exceptional strength and rigidity and greatly increases the leverage and power for years of reliable fishing
- Offers specially treated anti-rust bearings that are at least 10 times more corrosion-resistant than standard stainless steel bearings and promote smooth; even line flow
- Features cross carbon drag which provides long lasting smoothness to withstand fast; powerful runs from pelagic and large inshore species
- Max drag: 24 lbs. / gear ratio: 6.2:1. / weight: 18.9 oz. / line retrieve: 46" / bearings: 3bb + 1rb – powerpro line cap: 50/530; 65/330; 80/250 – mono line cap: 16/450; 20/320; 25/260 – retrieve: left