Shimano Curado MGL 70 K Low Profile Baitcast Reel
Small in hand but large in durability, dependability and performance, the Curado MGL 70 K is a new addition to Shimano’s coveted line of Curado low-profile reels. The reel’s lightweight MGL Spool requires less start-up energy due to decreased inertia and results in longer casts with reduced effort. This advanced feature also allows the reel to excel for anglers fishing with finesses baits, such as handmade balsa baits, or lures that require light line for maximum fishability. The new Curado MGL 70 K is a great reel choice for anglers pitching and flipping in tight cover when increased line capacity is not required. But anglers shouldn’t be concerned about its compact size when fighting fish in close quarters or heavy cover, the Curado MGL 70 K is equipped with a Cross Carbon Drag to provide the needed stopping power against large fish. And just like the rest of the Curado family of reels, the versatile Curado MGL 70 K features MicroModule Gear for enhanced smoothness as well as a HAGANE Body for increased rigidity and durability for years of fishing performance.
- HAGANE Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MagnumLite (MGL) Spool: This design significantly reduces the moment of inertia (~10%), allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance (~20%) and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- MicroModule Gear: The MicroModule system creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- CI4+ Side Plate: This material is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the side plate is further reduced in size and weight.