Shimano SLX MGL 70 Low Profile Baitcast Reel
An addition to the highly-touted family of SLX reels, the SLX MGL 70 features Shimano’s low inertia MGL Spool in a compact 70-size reel. The MGL Spool excels in the castability of both finesse and heavy lures, while the compact size of the SLX MGL 70 makes it a perfect reel for light-line applications as well as flipping and pitching. But don’t count the SLX MGL 70 out in heavy-cover situations because of its compact size, the Cross Carbon Drag provides more than enough stopping power to keep trophy bass out of the trees. The SLX MGL 70 incorporates Shimano’s SVS Infinity Braking System to increase casting distance and enables anglers to achieve the ideal cast by easily making adjustments from the palming side plate to match changing weather conditions or casting a variety of lures. Just like the rest of the SLX family, the SLX MGL 70 is built with the same tournament-ready, rigid HAGANE Body for increased durability and a lifetime of performance.
- HAGANE Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool III: An ultra-thin spool that thoroughly pursues low inertia. The spool has a reduction in inertia by about 15% compared to the second-generation MGL Spool by using a narrow shape with a width of 19 mm for the outer diameter of 34 mm. Resulting in unparalleled casting performance.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- Cross Carbon Drag: This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S3D Spool: S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.