SHIMANO Tranx 200 Baitcasting Reels
A true powerhouse-of-a-reel, the Shimano Tranx 200 Baitcasting Reels are a new downsized freshwater-oriented offering of the respected Tranx series of inshore and saltwater low-profile casting reels. While these reels exhibit excellent corrosion resistance thanks to Shimano's CoreProtect technology, and therefore excel at inshore applications, these new 200 size models were designed with pike, muskie, striper, and trophy largemouth anglers in mind as well.Each Tranx has a 4-bearing system with one reverse bearing, and can produce a 13 lbs of drag. For strong performance without tilting or warping despite a lightweight body, it is fortified with Shimano's Hagane body design. It's also got Shimano's newest set of reel technologies: X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability, and S3D for consistent spool control and brake force, and a Cross carbon drag. Be it freshwater or saltwater, the Tranx 200 packs great wonders and strength within its compact profile.Available in a 7.2:1 gear ratio in both Left and Right Hand retrieve models and 6.2:1 and 8.5:1 gear ratios in Right Hand retrieve only.
- Coreprotect provides water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling
- The HAGANE body provides stifness and impact resistance virtually eliminating body flexing resulting in the angler's actions directly converting into cranking power
- Equipped with Shielded Anti-Rust Bearing that are shielded on both sides of the bearings reducing the possibility of salt or sand from inhibiting the bearing's rotation
- With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed agains intrusion of the elements such as water and dust
- Other features include S3D stable spool design for smoother casting, cross carbon drag for smoother drag performance, and SVS infinity for easy-to-manage spool control