SHIMANO Tranx 500 Fishing Reel
Shimano Tranx 500 Fishing Reel Tranx 500 Model TRX500HG is built for speed with a 6.6:1 gear ratio and has an incredible line retrieval rate of 43″ per crank of the handle. Tranx 500 Model TRX500PG is built for power with a 4.6:1 gear ratio and a line retrieval rate of 30″ per crank. PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIES X-SHIP X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts. HEG HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure. VBS VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- Revolutionary - the design and shape of the tranx 500 provides the comfort of low profile reels with the capacity of a conventional reel
- Powerful - x-ship & heg technologies combine to provide massive cranking power with a smooth effortless retrieve
- Durable – constructed of metal frames that keep all of the moving parts in precise alignment and features the use of the latest anodizing; plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes
- Diverse - offered in high gear (hg) and power gear (pg) models to cover a wide range of applications
- For detailed product specifications per model please see below