Shimano Ultegra XTD Surf Reel
Designed for serious surf casters, the Ultegra XTD Surf reels provide consistent long-casting performance and Super Slow Oscillation (14000) / Slow Oscillation (5500) for precision line lay. Plus, these reels feature Shimano X-Ship for improved gear durability even under the heaviest loads.
- G-Free Body: This technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G-Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Parallel Body is designed to improve dynamic line flow from the reel to the first guide. On many reels the spool is aligned slightly upwards towards the rod blank, but with Parallel Body it is at exactly 90° to the blank. The result is less line slapping the blank as it travels towards the first guide during casting.
- Propulsion Line Management System: The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- X-Ship: Provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- Instant-Drag: Allows a quick adjustment of the front drag knob to take the reel from your current drag setting to free spool in just half a turn.