Shimano Vanford F Spinning Reel
Sculpted from over a decade of engineering advancement and a rich lineage of predecessors, the new Vanford tests the boundaries of technology and engineering found in spinning reels. Built upon a CI4+ body for both a lightweight feel and carbon rigidity, the Vanford incorporates a MagnumLite (MGL) Rotor for up to 48% less rotational inertia than traditional rotor construction for a quick response in critical situations. The Vanford features Shimano’s cold-forged HAGANE Gear and many of Shimano’s premium technologies for increased fishing performance and years of durability. Vanford’s SilentDrive and MicroModule Gear II technologies combine to produce a new level of smooth rotational performance while reducing overall reel vibration. Vanford also incorporates Long Stroke Spool technology to increase casting distance while producing a smoother line lay on the spool during retrieval. X-Protect technology and water-channeling construction enhances Vanford’s water resistance and overall durability — an important feature for a reel sure to be found in inshore environments. From ice fishing and drop-shot fishing for smallies in the sweetwater to stalking tailing fish in the flats, the Vanford has no equal. A legend is born.
- CI4+ Body: This material is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body is further reduced in size and weight.
- MGL Rotor: The new design of the MagnumLite Rotor produces unprecedented light rotation. The rotor profile is now asymmetrical. The bail arm mechanism, which was previously situation on the same side as the line roller, has been moved to the opposite side. This improves balance and combined with a lightweight line roller, titanium bail and optimum arrangement of rotor thickness, a 14% reduction in rotational inertia has been achieved increasing sensitivity to unreached levels
- Hagane Gear: With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology
- MIcroModule Gear II: State-of-the-art, gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II, are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed and updated from the ground up in pursuit of perfection. Further improving smooth gear feeling and reducing sound.
- Silent Drive: From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.